Effectively eliminating the need for stacks of ink cartridges, the PIXMA G7020 Wireless MegaTank All-in-One Inkjet Printer from Canon uses an integrated ink tank system that makes refilling much simpler and provides an astounding 6000 black or 7700 color prints on a single set of fresh ink bottles. Also, this model comes with a full set of inks as well as an extra pair of black ink bottles for getting another 12,000 black prints. The ink reservoirs are easy to see, having been placed at the front of the G7020 so that you can make sure you never run low. That, of course, isn’t everything this wireless-capable all-in-one can do as it packs in impressive printing, scanning, and copying functions as well.
For printing, the G7020 uses a reliable inkjet system with a resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi that will deliver sharp text and vivid images. The system also works quickly, with rated speeds of 13 ipm in black and 6.8 ipm in color. Featuring a 250-sheet input tray and a 100-sheet rear paper tray, the printer is ready to take on your large print jobs. Users can also create borderless photos with ease and work with a variety of standard media sizes from 3.5 x 3.5″ to 8.5 x 14″. Scanning and copying are made possible by the unit’s flatbed scanner featuring an optical resolution of 1200 x 2400 dpi for sharp, detailed images. Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity in addition to USB 2.0 furthers the potential for the printer by supporting various mobile printing protocols, including Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Mopria, and Canon’s own PRINT app.
- MegaTank integrated ink tank system eliminates the cartridge and holds enough ink for up to 6000 black and 7700 color prints. It even comes with a full set of inks as well as two extra black ink bottles, enough for another 12,000 black prints.
- A print resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi is used to create sharp black documents and vivid, detailed full color images.
- Print speeds of up to 13 ipm in black and 6.8 ipm in color are available.
- 4 x 6″ borderless photo printing in approximately 45 seconds.
- Mobile printing support includes Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Mopria Device Printing, and the Canon PRINT app.
- Flatbed scanner featuring 1200 x 2400 dpi resolution scans documents up to 8.5 x 11.7″
- Scan features include an Auto Scan Mode, Document Removal Reminder, network scan, wireless scanning, scan to PC, scan to Canon PRINT app, and Multi-Page PDF.
- First copy out time of 22 seconds.
- Up to 99 copies can be produced at a single time.
- Copy features include 4-on-1/2-on-1 copy, borderless copy, manual 2-sided copy, Document Removal Reminder, ID Card Copy, and standard copy.
- 3 seconds per page black transmission speed with 50-page memory capacity
- Answering machine connectivity
- Caller rejection
- Check RX fax info
- Dial search
- Duplex printing (fax images)
- Extra Fine mode
- Fax number re-entry
- Fax reception reject
- Memory transmission
- Remote reception
- Transmission speed approx. 3 seconds per page in black and 60 seconds per page in color