About JVC DLA-NX5
The movie theater experience — at home!
There’s nothing like the experience of going to the movies and seeing a great film projected on the big screen. Why not bring that thrilling experience of the movie theater home? The DLA-NX5 is the entry-level model, but JVC didn’t skimp out on premium features. In fact, it delivers sharp native 4K resolution using the same all-glass lens and D-ILA devices as the more expensive DLA-NX7 model.
At Audio Advice, the cinephiles agree — contrast and black level are two of the easiest characteristics to see — regardless of distance or the size of the image. It’s also the main ingredient for how realistic an image will look. JVC’s D-ILA-based projectors are widely known for their ability to produce the deepest blacks and the best contrast. When it comes to these two things, JVC sets the industry standard, here.
D-ILA stands for Digital Direct Drive Image Light Amplifier. Thanks to the layered imaging chips of LCoS — Liquid Crystal on Silicon — D-ILA projectors by JVC are known for their superior native contrast ratio. Three D-ILA chips — one each for red, green, and blue — are specially designed to reduce light scattering and deliver impressive contrast similar to what you will experience at the movies.
Brilliant detail & color
As a true 4K projector, the DLA-NX5 can display over 8.8 million pixels. Combining the brightness of 1,800 lm with a dynamic contrast ratio of 400,000:1, this high-performance projector reproduces life-like images with rich detail and color for a great price. It also supports HDR, and there’s an auto-tone mapping feature that will automatically adjust the projector’s settings — ensuring you get the best performance with HDR-enhanced content. So, no matter what, you’ll be able to see impressive details, even if the scene is less-than-optimally-lit.
Automatic HDR Settings You Can Customize
HDR expands your overall picture contrast with deeper blacks and brighter highlights. With this projector, not only do you get much higher resolution 4K, you also get HDR. With so many 4K HDR-encoded movies now available on Netflix and other popular streaming services, you’ll always have access to this great-looking content. JVC DLA-NX5 supports HDR10 and HLG formats for extended picture contrast, and it switches to the correct picture-mode as soon as it detects the HDR signal, automatically.
Experience Full Widescreen
Another feature that stands out is the lens. The JVC DLA-NX5 has a 65mm 17-element all-glass motorized lens with generous zoom and shift capabilities that are convenient and accommodate almost any room. It offers powered zoom, focus, and lens shift capabilities with pinpoint-sizing for exceptional sharpness and edge-to-edge focus. With this, you will have all the control over the image right from the comfort of your viewing position.
Plus, you can tweak the tone mapping settings and save them for later. 10 preset modes let you create your own image settings and save them. This means you can set the DLA-NX5 up to do both widescreen and 16:9 enabling you to get that great movie theater widescreen experience in your home.
Great Calibration System
With the right set of measuring tools, we think experienced projector users will appreciate having a full-color management system for tweaking grayscale accuracy. For experienced installers, there’s an array of controls built-in that will let you fine-tune every nuance of the image quality. Even the casual user can use the automatic system with an inexpensive device to calibrate their system like a professional with the push of a button.
- Complies with the latest HDMI/HDCP 2.2 standard to enable full spec 4K signal input with 18Gbps transmission band-width (4K60P 4:4:4, 4K60P 4:2:2/36-bit, 4K24P 4:4:4/36-bit)
- Light source: NSH 265 W lamp
- Resolution: 4096 x 2160
- Input connectors: HDMI x 2 (3D, Deep Color/HDCP 2.2)
- Output and control connectors: RS-232C (D-sub 9pin) x 1, LAN (RJ-45) x 1, Trigger x 1 (Mini jack), 3D Sync x 1 (Mini-DIN 3pin)
- 3D formats: Frame Packing, Side-by-Side (Half), and Top and Bottom
- New 0.69 inch 4K D-ILA (4096 x 2160) device x 3
- High-definition display at 4K resolution (4096 x 2160)
- 17-element, 15-group all-glass 65mm diameter high-quality lens
- Multiple Pixel Control image processor accurately reproduces images closer to the original
- Exceptionally bright 1,800 lm means bright, high-resolution images
Deep Blacks are realized by a High Native Contrast Ratio of 40,000:1 (Dynamic Contrast Ratio 400,000:1)
- Compatible with HDR technology that dramatically improves image quality that rivals real life.
- Auto Tone Mapping function automatically adjusts settings for optimum HDR10 image quality
- For easy reproduction, the projector switches automatically to HDR picture mode when HDR10 signals are received
- Display the MaxCLL and MaxFALL mastering data available for HDR content on some UHD Blu-ray discs
- Compatible with Hybrid Log-Gamma that is expected to be used widely in future broadcasting
- Installation Mode centrally manage nine settings related to installation to enjoy video best suited for each environment
- Nine settings of Installation Mode include Lens Control, Pixel Adjustment, Mask, Anamorphic on or off, Screen Adjust, Installation Style, Keystone, Pincushion, and Aspect; stored installation modes for various environments can be called up.
- Renewed Clear Motion Drive supporting 4K60P (4:4:4) signal improves moving images more than ever
- Motion Enhance technology reduces residual images and blurring that are often found in fast-moving images by optimally controlling the drive of D-ILA devices
- Low Latency Mode suppresses display delay for faster response when receiving signals from PC and game consoles
- Color Management System with 6-axis Matrix
- Auto-Calibration Function using an optical sensor* is capable of optimizing essential elements in the image, including color balance, gamma characteristics, color space and color tracking
- ISF C3 (Certified Calibration Controls) mode** to reproduce excellent picture quality optimized for specific environments.
- Wireless transmission options for 3D viewing: RF (radio frequency) system transmission with PK-AG3 3D Glasses for 100H continuous operation and PK-EM2 3D Synchro Emitter. *Exclusive JVC software installed in PC and optical sensor are required. Please visit the JVC website for details. **Professional calibration to desired screen is performed by trained dealers
- 3-year Warranty